Message to all my e-mail friends
(1) Over the past few years many people have tried many computer to computer telephone programs, and the vast majority of them failed either because of reliability and or lack of voice quality. It seems that now a company has succeeded in bring top quality voice communications to everyone.
I want to take this opportunity to alert you to a new program that is free of charge, by which you can call anyone in the world, by using your computer, if your friends have a computer and are connected to the cable TV or the broadband. The connection by telephone is amazingly clear! It will work with dial up service, but results are not nearly as good as a broadband connection.
(2) Go to www.skype.com and down load the free file. The program is available in 4 versions.
(1) Windows (XP and 2000) Note-while not designed for, it will work on Windows 98
(2) Mac OS X
(4) Windows Pocket PC
Set up is easy, simply follow the on screen instructions.
(3) They will ask for your name. Give them either your own name or a nickname. Using your own name makes it easier for other to search for you in the Skype "telephone directory." My nickname is "drdasilva" in case you want to call me by using the Skype service. You can also try calling our website webmaster. His nickname is "stanri". He will be glad to help with any questions you have about Skype
Once your set up, there is an easy way to test your if everything is working as it should. For a contact (person you wish to call) enter echo123 and follow the on screen instructions.
(4) Best results are with a headset microphone. The price is around $20-$25. I purchased headphones manufactured by Logitech. They are certified for use with Skype. Actually any headset will work.
In closing I simply want to say that I'm not being paid by Skype to advertise their service. People who read my website will now have the opportunity to better communicate with others with the same interests. This program has already more than 30 million people through out the world using it.
Wishing you and your family the best!
Luciano da Silva