between the symptoms of the common cold or coryza and the symptoms of
the Flu, Influenza or Grippe.
By Manuel Luciano da Silva, M. D.
The Common Cold
The predominant word in the common cold is SOME
(1) It starts slowly
(6) Some cough
(2) Some fever, 38 C, or 100F
(7) Some chest pains
(3) Some chills
(8) MUCH sneezing
(4) Some body aches
(9) MUCH nose dripping, this is the reason for the name Coryza
(5) Some sore throat
(10) Never causes diarrhea, nor vomiting. It lasts 3-5 days.
If it last longer, see a physician. With a
common cold a person can return to their usual job.
Symptoms of the flu, grippe or influenza.
Here the predominant word is SEVERE
The Flue Or Grip
(1) Starts abruptly
(6) Severe cough
(2) High fever 39-40 C, or 103-104 F
(7) Severe chest pains
(3) Severe body aches all over, as if a person has been severely beaten
(8) LITTLE sneezing
(4) Severe chills
(9) LITTLE nose dripping
(5) Severe sore throat
(10) It can cause diarrhea and vomiting.
The symptoms disappear ABRUPTLY between 5-7 days. If it lasts more than 7 days, see your physicians. The person CANNOT go to work because it feels EXHAUSTED for several days or weeks.