The Electricity of Vision
Man's retina has 252 millions of receptors, called cones and rods.
The eyes are our most important organs for observing the world around us. Spherical and only one inch diameter, the eyes can see for enormous distances: the moon, the sun and the stars whose light travels in space for thousands of years!
With our eyes we can observe another world — the microscopic world, magnified many thousands of times by means of the electron microscope! Our eyes function like photographic cameras. Each eye (Diagram) has a lens through which the light passes to sensitize the retina’s millions of receptors, called cones and rods. The visual information is communicated electrically by the optic nerve, or visual nerve, to the posterior part of the brain (in the back of the head), in the occipital lobe, where the sensation of vision takes place.
Light rays are called photons. They are electromagnetic particles that are charged with electricity and magnetic force. They have a speed of 186,262 miles per second (299,792 km-sec.). Photons as electric charges cause electric discharges on the retina, the highly specialized part of the eye, which possesses 252 million photo receptor cells. Clearly, the eye is meant to play an extraordinary part in the electricity of love!
Scientists believe that 80 percent of our dreams are motivated by sex and while we are awake, our concern about our appearance is also very much related to sex. This leads us to the topic of sex appeal.
Woman’s sex appeal
What does a man see in a woman, as sex appeal? It is usually said, all over the world, that the most popular sport — soccer — is in second place, because men’s favorite sport is watching women! In the United States the parts of the woman’s body that are most attractive to men, in their order of appeal are: (1) the breasts, and (2) the legs. Europe added (3) the buttocks, because the shorter built of European women causes the buttocks to wiggle more while they walk. Woman's sex appeal
Women have a constant concern about hair style, lipstick and facial makeup, color and variety of dresses, when in reality, men pay much more attention to the uncovered skin of the woman to stimulate their sexual imagination.
But, as a man gets closer to a woman and courts her, the woman can increase her sex appeal by self-assurance and self- confidence. A woman exalts her femininity when she is self - reliant, energetic and enthusiastic.
Man’s sex appeal
What does a woman see in a man, as sex appeal? There are many false beliefs concerning man’s sex appeal. Let us dispel these myths now. Based on thousands of feminine questionnaires, less than 5 percent of the women say that “a good physique,” “good tools,” “large mustache,” are things that have sex appeal! The other 95 percent of women revealed that the parts of the body that give men more sex appeal, in the order of importance are: (1) eyes, (2) flat stomach and (3) the buttocks . The buttocks because they display a certain style of movement, and the eyes, because they reveal to a woman the man’s self-assurance. Man's sex appeal
Many times I have observed, when I speak with a woman, the rapid eye movements that she makes fixing her eyes, alternately, on mine! Why? Because through the eyes the woman wants to assure herself that the man has strength, leadership, energy and masculine self-assurance!
With our amazing eyes (Diagram) we are able to see the stars and the microscopic world. The electricity of love works when light strikes the eye, setting off the electrical discharge which runs along the visual nerve and the image that it creates becomes one of the factors in helping us in the selection of a mate.
Return to opening page Chapter 10