Since the system’s dark mode arrived with Android 10, many developers have also added this feature to their apps. Normally, the dark mode of the apps is synchronized with the dark mode of the system. That means that when we activate our Android’s dark mode, the dark mode of the apps that can do it is also automatically activated.
However, some applications also allow us to enable/disable their dark mode individually from their settings. In such a way that, if we do not want a specific app to use dark mode, we can deactivate it from its options. Unfortunately, Instagram is not one of those apps since, in its settings, we do not find an option that allows us to deactivate its dark mode. But don’t worry, deactivating dark mode on Instagram is impossible, and here we explain how to turn off dark mode on instagram.
How to turn off dark mode on Instagram?
Due to the above, the only official way to disable dark mode on Instagram is to disable your Android system’s dark mode. Not sure how to do it? Follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app (also called Settings).
- Go to the Display option.
- Turn off the Dark Mode option. If the option appears with the name Theme, select it and choose Light.
Now go to Instagram and see that the dark mode has already been deactivated. Remember that the dark mode of your Android and that of the apps will also be deactivated by doing this. In most applications, you will be able to activate the dark mode individually from its settings, so that should not be a problem.
The option to deactivate dark mode does not appear on my Android. What do I do?
If the Dark Mode or Theme option does not appear in your Android settings, that means you do not have the system’s dark mode. Therefore, you have most likely forced Instagram’s dark mode using an app like Dark Mode. Now, enter the app that activated Instagram’s dark mode and deactivate it from there.
Activate or deactivate Instagram dark mode from PC
To put Instagram’s dark mode on the web, you need to use the most popular browser of all: Google Chrome. To continue, go straight to the Chrome store and download an extension known as “Night Mode for Instagram.” If you are not sure, follow these steps:
- Launch Google Chrome from PC.
- Go to the Chrome store and type in the search engine: Instagram Night Mode.
- Click on the blue button that says, “Add to Chrome. “
- A pop-up window will appear and click “Add extension.”
- It will then automatically start to download and install it in your browser.
- Log in to Instagram from your Chrome browser.
- Activate the extension button and you’re done.
- To disable Instagram’s dark mode, click the icon again and the changes will be reverted.
Do not forget that, officially, Instagram does not have an option to activate or deactivate its dark mode. Therefore, in the same way that you activated it, you must deactivate it. Simple as that! If you need more help, tell us about your problem and we will help you right away.