Jams are very easy to prepare and although the most famous are those with red fruits, cherry jam sometimes goes unnoticed. Today, I will teach you how to prepare a rich cherry sauce ideal to complete any dessert type. And if you’re worried about diet, you can substitute sugar for sweetener and make this cherry sauce lighter.
Ingredients for cherry sauce:
- 250 grams of Cherries
- 100 grams of sugar (½ cup)
- 1 unit of Lemon
- 1 teaspoon of Pink Pepper
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
- Making this special cherry sauce for desserts is so easy. The first thing you have to do is get the ingredients ready. The cherries must be pitted and well washed and the lemon squeezed and left only the juice without any seeds.
- Then take the cherries to a saucepan along with the sugar and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to medium heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- After this time, take all the saucepan’s contents to the blender or the food processor you have at home. Process until everything is crushed and let it rest. You can also leave bits of fruit if you like textures.
- This delicious cherry sauce can accompany delicious pancakes or any type of cake, such as Japanese cheesecake.
Homemade cherry jam recipe
We have to take advantage of seasonal fruit for everything, eat it, and cook any recipe. Making this homemade cherry jam made with fresh, seasonal fruits is quite a delicious experience!
- 500 grams of Cherries
- 250 grams of sugar (1¼ cups)
- ½ Lemon
- The first thing to do to make this homemade cherry jam is to pit the cherries in a bowl to collect the juice they release. Once pitted, weigh the cherries because you have to put the exact weight.
- Put the cherries in the bowl, add the lemon juice, mix and add all the sugar, and stir so that all the ingredients are mixed well. Let it all sit together for an hour or so.
- Put the mixture of cherries and sugar in a saucepan over high heat until it comes to a boil, reduce to medium-low heat and continue cooking for half an hour, stirring from time to time with a silicone spatula so that the mixture does not stick.
- Grind the cherry jam with a mixer to the point you like, I like to find a little piece, but that will taste.
- Check that the homemade cherry jam is just right by pouring a little on a plate and holding it with your fingers. It should form a thread between them when separating them. Remove it from the heat and make it cool a little. Even if it seems to you that it is somewhat liquid, do not worry because it hardens a little when it cools.
- Once the sterilized jars are full and covered, turn them upside down to evacuate until they are completely cold. You have to boil the filled jars for 15 minutes.
Tip: To sterilize the jars, boil them for about 10 minutes in a pot of water, remove with a pair of tongs and let them drain.
What a pleasure it is when you fill the jars with fresh homemade cherry jam, and above all, what satisfaction it is when you eat it! Homemade jams and preserves are very simple to prepare and are a delight for the palate. If you liked this recipe or have any questions, leave me a comment and try to solve it.